Friday, April 15, 2011

Photographer Worksheet

Untitled

Artist Bio-
William Eggleston is my photographer.
Upbringing- He was born and raised in Memphis, Tennessee. His dad was an engineer, who failed as a cotton farmer and his mom was the daughter of a prominent local judge.
Education-He went to Webb School originally at the age of fifteen, then he went to Vanderbuilt County Mississippi for his first year of college. He then transferred the Delta College and finally the University of Mississippi for five years before he got into photography.
Art Experience/Mediums-Before he began taking photos he played the piano, messed around with electronics and liked to draw. He also did Kodachrome slides which are an amateur form of photography which describes ordinary people and objects framed squarely in the center of the picture.
Artistic Background-
He started getting into photography when he looked at a book that was made by Walker Evans, Henri Cartier-Bresson and Robert Frank.

My Image- I choose this image because I like the simplicity of it and I believe that it is the simplicit, the lighting, and the placement of the people that make the photo appealing to me. I think that he's very original. He only takes photos of an object once because he believes that he is wasting time on that image when he could be out taking more, better photos of different objects. He originally was a black and white photographer, but then color cameras first came out when he was taking pictures. He had to take into account lighting and different colors around him and I find him to be very interesting in the way that he stages his items or people and how his colors are always faded. I plan on recreating this image by using Tim Nooney as the main focus of the picture and either a random woman or my mom as the lady in the background. To recreate it I plan on taking the photo early in the morning when the sun is first coming up, taking a couple when the sun is high in the sky and then a couple when the sun is setting to see how different lighting effects the picture.

Quotes-
"I only ever take one picture of one thing. Literally. Never two. So then that picture is taken and then the next one is waiting somewhere else."
"It's jsut about impossible to follow up with words. They don't have anything to do with each other."

No comments:

Post a Comment